Holcim (Schweiz) AG was founded in 1912 in Holderbank, Switzerland. The company employs approx. 1200 staff at 55 locations and operates 3 cement plants, 16 gravel plants and 36 concrete plants. Thanks to this local foothold, the company can address various individual needs in a quick and flexible manner and offer tailored solutions in the areas of building construction, civil engineering and infrastructure.
Activities abroad started in the 1920s and amounted to investments in 70 countries across Europe and overseas. In 2015, Holcim merged with Lafarge to create Holcim, one of the largest manufacturers of building materials in the world.
Holcim (Schweiz) AG stands for Customers, Results, Integrity, Sustainability, People, Openness, and Inclusion.